View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamil
I got all the parts sitting in one spot just waiting till my exams are over. Rutgers University is pretty tough and I need to keep my As.

The conversion actually looks very very easy. Not that many parts and everything is self explanatory. I'll keep my thread going with the detailed pics as well.

thanks
I am hoping it goes well for you-I have similiar plans-I have a '77 with a nasty body(read swiss cheese) but it is 4 speed. My other MB 240 is an 81(auto tranny) with a great body and interior which I got for $300--the engine may or may not fire up. That is the current issue-once I get this engine problem resolved I can proceed like you. I currently have another Diesel-a '99 VW TDI--a Red GLS with Black leather interior. I don't know if I will keep the VW once I get the MB fixed up or not--the VW is a nice car but all electronic and while the engine durability is not in question-the electronics are. My TDI really gets up and goes -much more fun to drive then my old MB but the lessons of the Tortoise(mb) and the Hare(vw-tdi) should be heeded. Actually my VW TDI Beetle weighs a 100-200lbs more then my old 84-190D did-surprising.