View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004, 10:40 PM

Oldnavy,
Reread my post: I didn't block off the crankcase vent, I just rerouted it direct to the turbo inlet.
whunter,
While I respect your opinion I still beg to differ. I don't see venturi effect as possible simply because for a venturi to work correctly the placement of the "suction" port is pretty critical, ususally on the curve of the venturi constriction. Siphon effect? I would expect that the normal suction created within the air cleaner housing would be much higher than this could be with a gas (vented blowby). Turbo suction creates a mild vacuum within the air cleaner housing. This vacuum is uniform within the chamber, there is no area of localized "super" suction. In the scenarios where a ring breaks, valve seals fail, etc. causing lots of blowby and increased crankcase pressure how is the little oil separator going to help? Its one little chamber and then it would dump out into the air inlet anyway. No way is a little 8-10oz separator with nothing in it going to pull enough oil out of a blowby condition serious enough to cause a runaway to do any good at all. And there is still no explanation other than the lame "different designs" answer as to why my other diesels and other MB's haven't had widespread problems. I'll take my chances thanks, RT
93' Chevrolet C2500HD ExCab 6.5TD, Two-tone blue, 252K