View Single Post
Old 12-25-2004, 12:38 PM

Cheap 300D at thrift store

While at my family's Virginia Beach home for the holidays, I visited a local thrift store. They sometimes sell donated cars and this week they have an '82 300D for $800. It's a faded off-white/pale yellow color with a dark tan leather interior and bundt-cake alloy rims, with decent tires. Leather has some cracks but is still intact. Wood trim looks excellent. Drivers seat stuffing/padding has sagged. Body is straight and paint looks original, with a couple of half-dollar sized rust spots behind the front wheels and under one rear door. Also has some larger rust under rear fenders, behind the rear wheels, that hasn't spread much into the painted areas yet. I have no personal connection with this car and didn't have a chance to start or drive it but I thought someone close enough to Virginia Beach might be interested in rescuing it. My stable is full!
It's located at the Community Shelter Thrift Store, on the south side of Virginia Beach Boulevard, via the Laskin Road/Virginia Beach Boulevard exit off of eastbound I-44.

Happy Holidays, Mark