View Single Post
Old 04-02-2001, 10:38 PM
CheFrac is Back!
(sorry about the shouting)
I need MAJOR HELP with this! Well probably not major help, but I need it fast. My whole console is out and a wreck! I need to have it all in order before I leave for work tomorrow, but I want to get this done now because I don't want to have to go through this whole process again.

Ok, here's the deal. For those of you who followed my post titled FM MODULATION in the Car Audio section, you will be familiar with what I am taking about.

My CD Player, aftermarket Sony, contains an FM Modulator which is behind the ashtray. My CD Player does not keep memory after it is turned off. Nor does it work when the key is not in the ignition, but radio is on (obviously).
Well there are 3 wires coming from the FM Modulator. Black, which is grounded, fine, no problems. Red, which is hooked to the ignition (actually the cigarette lighter for when it gets power, the CD player gets power), and a yellow one, which is the memory wire, which was hooked onto this wire, but was obviously not the correct one.
Well I disconnected the yellow wire from the other wire.
ALright, on to what I want to do:
I want to wire the yellow wire to be grounded for a memory, and I want to hook the red wire into the radio itself (or the radio's positive wire so that it will work whenever I turn the radio on, whether the key is in the ignition or not).
There are 2 bundles of wires coming from the front of the MB radio:
1st bundle:
Grey/Blue Wire
Brown Wire
Green/Black wire

2nd bundle:
Green wire
White wire with green stripe
purple wire with red stripe
purple wire with blue stripe

and there are 2 large bundled wires coming from the rear of the stereo.

OK, WHICH ONE OF THESE WIRES COMING FROM MY CD PLAYER (on C280) IS THE POSITIVE WIRE? (I want to tap into it for the modulator.)
2006 E350 w/ 155k miles (Daily Driver)

1993 300E 3.2L Sedan w/ close to about 300k miles
2003 E500 Brilliant Silver (Had 217k miles when totalled!)
1989 300E with 289,000 miles (had for <1 yr while in HI)
03 CLK 500 cabrio (Mom's)
2006 C230k (Dad's)
1999 S420 (Mom's/Dad's)
2000 C230k Sport sedans
2001 CLK320 Cabrio (Mom's)
1995 C280 My First Mercedes-Benz... (155k miles. EXCEPTIONAL AUTOMOBILE. Was Very hard to let go of!)