View Single Post
Old 01-01-2005, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickjordan
I think any variation of diesel fuel, is still diesel fuel... Remember, Rudolph Diesel first used peanut oil as the fuel for his new type of engine.
An edited qoute BTW. The diesel engine is in fact a compression ignition engine- as opposed to a spark ignition, steam engine, turbine engine or any other engine. Mercedes makes compression ignition engines- of which all new models currently are designed to utilize diesel #2 or #1 or a combination of both for fuel. All past models were designed in the same fashion. "New" (ha! as evidenced by the original fuel of the compression ignition engine) fuels will power the engine as or more effectively as petrodiesel. Mechanical modifications that these fuels may require can and will be sold by someone, and are being done so right now. What's to stop Fastlane from stocking and selling the parts and information needed to complete a current 616/617 or other MB engine to run on
alternative fuels? I hearty YES in my vote, but as previously suggested: ALTERNATIVE FUELS.