View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005, 04:19 PM

Unhappy W126 window went down but won't go up!

'86 560SEL , I've only had it a week it was my dads and he never used that window he only owned it for 6 months or so.

the center console switch has never worked. I'm about to take that console apart again and see if anything is burnt in there or otherwise. fuse is good, drivers window works fine.

well the other day riding back home my g/f was driving, I was just lounging back in the seat and for some idiotic reason pressed the switch on the right rear door. to my surprise, the window went down! I did two more quick pushes and the window got about 3 inches open. then I tried to close it..... nothing.

so the window is stuck down, not good. I taped it up with plastic, but really want to get that window up ASAP!

can anyone help? if I find nothing out of the ordinary in the center console, should I take the door apart? would the window motor be able to only work in one direction? seems to me if it has power, it should be able to go up and down - unless the switch was broken and couldnt tell the motor to raise the glass.

please help!