View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Senior Benz fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by odie
Can you flush & clean the fuel tank while it's still in the car? I've been having an algae or fungus problem and just had a lot of water & coolant mixed into the fuel as well.

I'd rather avoid the hassle of pulling the tank. Especially since I will have to remove the trailer hitch too, which is hassle too.

I removed both fuel lines and pulled the tank strainer.

I then flushed the tank with about 2-3 gallons of RUG into the filler neck and out into a bucket under the strainer hole. Which I hope removed99.9% of the water.

Then I capped the two fuel lines and installed the strainer.

Filled the tank with RUG and BioBor and will let it sit a couple days. Which I hope will kill any fungus or algae that may be in the tank.

I plan to drain the tank a couple days later and flush some more RUG through it to rise out any dead algae & fungus. Then put it all back together.

Will a full tank of RUG wipe out any fungus & algae?
Don't think the RUG will on its own.....But Biobor will do it......I would go at at least twice what is shock concentrations....maybe 4 times since you are leaving it there ony a few days.

Did you put a few cans of dri-gas in with the RUG to absorb moisture?
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche