View Single Post
Old 04-10-2001, 10:03 PM
cheyun

Yes, I think. the new S-class especially. I was suprised.
I think the main reasons why people choose Mercedes was because of their build quality. Rcent Mercedes had lost that advantage.
Others had really stepped up in all aspects. Others like Lexus and BMW are cheaper too. Again why spend more for something that are worst ?
I think MB has lost a lot of sales already. Most of Mercedes's market focus on elder ( late 30's and on ) people. Those people looks mainly at build quality and driving comfort.
Youngster will take Bimmers or audi any day, MB are just not build like a driver's car compare to BMW.
330 or C320.
I will take 330 any day. Faster, drives better, tons of aftermarket goods. "Better quality"
E320 or 530.
I will also take 330.
Cheaper, "Better qualtiy" faster, drivers better. same level of luxary, same safty features.
M class or X
of couse the X. the new 4.6 V8 is faster then the ML 55.
M class are well known for "poorly build". Even the local service guy told me no to consider any M class besides the 55 AMG.
New C32 has to be powered by a supercharger , why a supercharger ? cost is the main reason, you know why GM produces the most Supercharged models. Perhaps, supercharger is like a aftermarketing stuff. No manual ?
At least a manual based type tranmission like ferrari or BMW.
M3 is pure natural engine, drives and goes anywhere you want it to. That is why they have a no waiting list.
I don't understand why MB wants to jeopardise their image that others took a century to build. When you see the 3 point star, everyone in the world expects that it is made out of the best material available with highest possible craftmanships.
They no not any cheaper then others, and they are build worst, I can't understand why.
If I were the CEO of DC. I will fire the cheif designer after reading this article. In the automobile world image is almost everything.

[Edited by cheyun on 04-10-2001 at 10:28 PM]