I used 3M Emblem and Trim Adhesive on mine. I tried to get the wood under that chrome strip, but it seemed to be too thick to fit properly. I used a couple dozen different sized binder clips (those hinged "paper clips") to hold the wood/aluminum "sandwich" together overnight while the glue set up, and polished and waxed it with Meguiar's #7 and then #26. It hasn't come apart since, but I do leave the ashtray open now, since I keep a DC voltmeter plugged into the cig lighter.
[Edited by Robert W. Roe on 04-11-2001 at 12:18 AM]
Lehigh Valley PA USA
73 Olds 88, 72 MB 280SE, 78 Datsun 280Z, 71 T-Bird, 72 Olds 88, 83 Nissan Sentra, 85 Sentra, 73 230.6, 91 Integra, 83 300SD, 91 Volvo 940GLE wagon, 84 300SD, 95 Subaru Legacy L wagon, 02 Mountaineer, 91 300TE, 08 Murano, 2007 R320CDI 4Matic 52K, some Hyundai, 2008 BMW 535xi wagon all gone... currently
2007 Honda Odyssey Touring, 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring