View Single Post
Old 01-26-2005, 10:47 AM
Senior Benz fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDmills
I have come across the opinion that limited slip differentals in the rear end can be a real head ache. something about the rear end sliding around when the crown of the road is pitched any way but flat, or trying to get going on a slipery road and have the rear end slide into the sidewalk... no experience with it myself, and was supprised to hear the opinion. Dude was not what I would call inexperienced, as he seemed to have a informed point of view.
I have owned 3 RWD cars with Limited slip differentials..........they were NOT a headache and in fact did FAR better on snow and ice, I have owned a few without to compare to also.

I got my License in 1978 and have averaged 25-40,000 miles a year since then.

Have worn out 14 vehicles so I can state that my experience was more than fleeting with it. Having grown up near Pittsburgh, PA and lived in Md quite a few years before moving to VA 11 years ago.
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche