View Single Post
Old 02-07-2005, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbPhillips
Another shameless plug. Here is ONE of the five MB diesels that I'll be selling this month. Yes , I probably went overboard with the ad, and yes, some of you will disagree with portions of my text, but anyway...
Indeed Mr. Phillips, I counted five different statements you made that I'd disagree with you on. In fact, of the five, three were factual errors, not even my own opinion. For instance, the fact that the newer S-Class weighs less than the old one isn't an indication of quality lost. It could actually be an indication of quality gained: better engineering of components to use less weight, better overall design, usage of lighter, but stronger metals and high strength plastics, etc. Oh, I'll pick another one: there isn't an instance in which a W140 equipped like a W220 outweighs the W220 by 1,200 pounds. I checked the specs and the greatest weight difference between both cars [comparably equipped] is 600 pounds. These two in particular are statements that, even if erased from your auction listing, won't make you lose any potential customers. But that's my opinion and apparently yours is different there. And I'm not even asking you to disclose that you're selling a r** *****r! LOL Just kidding.

But what can I say? The beauty of eBay is that 1) you can make junk look nice and sell it successfully and 2) liars can lie all they want and really get away with it.

Not trying to slam you on the head though. I've seen several of your auctions and my jaw drops on each one. I even once took your side when a forum member here started to attack your auctions. Everything you put up for sale looks so nice that I actually was thinking that once I am ready for my 1999 S600 (hopefully in a few months' time if business stays good) I should ask you to find me one and sell it to me since you know how to find these awesome cars. I still don't know how you do it. I only know of one other seller on eBay who consistently sells top quality Mercedes-Benzes.