View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 06:10 PM
BusyBenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatterasguy
Your mistake was you used West Sytems. Did you paint the metal first? Epoxy is not water proof it does and will soak up water.
No, I put the epoxy directly on the bare metal. I agree now that it was a mistake and will buy some of this POR 15 and do as directed.

Froghunter's welding brought to my mind something I had to find out the hard way, many years ago, I bought an 84 Volvo turbo wagon from up in Massachusetts. The car was in very good condition and was priced average for that car at that time used. When I drove it back to Connecticut, where I lived at that time, I went to the DMV to get it registered. I had not noticed that on the Massachusetts title it had listed on it as "Salvage"!!!!

Connecticut DMV put this car through an unbelieveable inspection proccess that also included running the car to full speed and slamming on the brakes and then more inspecting. To make this short, I remember them looking the car over for welded panels. They told me that any panels replaced could only be "spot welded" In the end, they could not find any faults with the car and allowed it registerable.