View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Mike M

I agree with most of these postings. I am the first divorce of a rather large group of friends.

Speaking as the person who is getting the divorce, I appreciate the friends who simply do not get involved. These are the people who have stated to both me and my soon to be ex that they are sorry that we are going through this but they will support BOTH of us. Make sure your wife is on the same page as women tend to rely on and seek support from other woman. This can lead to situations where you are having to defend the male involved in the divorce to your wife and you just don't need this.

Remember this is nobodys business except your friends. Remind your friends of this as well, don't get wrapped up in speaking unkind of either party.

As far as the social setting of everyone being together and getting along.....well this may work for the first period of time but I think you will find one or both of the parties weaning themselves from the group over time. This is common and to be expected. The best you can do is keep ties to both and continue to support them.

Not fun.....not fun!