Thread: Cruise control
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2001, 11:09 PM
Gilly's Avatar
Gilly Gilly is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Evansville WI
Posts: 9,616
Ah heck, I was thinking of a V8, not the 103 engine. What I meant was on the V8, there is the longitudinal rod, it "twists" instead of going back and forth when the pedal is depressed, and there are plastic bushings on each end that keep this rod tight. They wear out and cause all sorts of throttle problems. I think a 103 engine in a 126 has a throttle cable from the accelerator pedal. There are a few bushings where bellcranks pivot. Usually htese just need to be disassembled to make them work properly. i guess the question goes back to you as far as what was ordered. If you are ordering a bushing, is it actally the cruise control linkage? I didn't think they sold the linkage ends seperately......Gilly
Reply With Quote