Just went to look at the 300 SEL I discussed in a thread two days ago ... following observations:
1. 68K miles - very nice engine with usual leaks from bottom of timing cover
2. Trans shifts well - I have a 350 SDL - shifts very much like it. Seems a bit tighter.
3. Brakes nice - learned that the pedal on my 350 SDL is a bit soft - time to bleed, I guess
4. One fender had been replaced ... not perfect paint ... likely some other damage on same side as I can see tape "edges" and some paint on the rear window seal
5. Usual dings in doors, but quite a few scratches and edges with paint scuffed off
Nothing serious, lots of little stuff.
What range should I be willing to pay for this car?