View Single Post
Old 03-20-2005, 04:06 PM
LarryBible

gmercoleza,

I have not yet looked at the pictorial because I am on a dial up, but I have done a podectomy so I know how to get that far. I even replaced my heater core while in there.

With the dash removed for the podectomy, you're not that far from the evaporator. You pull the console and then remove the entire a/c unit after recovering the refrigerant and disconnecting the heater hoses and a few other things. You're looking at something like a 15 hour job.

kggkgg,

There are plenty of things that can cause poor or no a/c performance. To determine if evaporator is the problem, you first must determine that there is a refrigerant leak, then determine where that leak is located.

If you determine that there is indeed a leak, you need to either use a leak detector to "sniff" for leaking refrigerant and/or inject UV dye into the system then look for the leaking dye using yellow glasses and a UV lamp. If the evaporator is leaking you will see UV dye in the drain water or a very sensitive sniffer will be set off if put in the vent while a/c is running full blast.

Have a great day,