View Single Post
Old 04-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Banned

I have better luck blending WVO with gasoline. I presently mix about 70/30 WVO/RUG. I have run nearly straight veg oil in warm weather. The only modification to my car is an electric pump back at the fuel tank outlet.

I have read the blend nightmare thread and have read parts of it several times. But you have to take into consideration that WVO is not a product standard. Anything that some minimum wage restaurant clean-up person dumps into a jug or a dumpster is WVO. There is no telling what that poor guy dumped into his fuel tank. I have a limited supply of high quality oil and have had no problems remotely like anything mentioned in that thread.

I think the thread is mostly BS and contained no information that changed anything about the way I burn or view Veg oil.

If you are not up to experimental work in diesel fuel systems you will likely have problems with WVO in your Mercedes, that is about the size of it. There are many people out there who are willing to take your money for systems, parts and knowledge to help you run veg oil in your car. But when your car quits running on the side of the road somewhere you are on your own.

There are many people out there who think they are going to make a lot of money from veg oil or biodiesel and the politics and misinformation are apparent if you read much about the subjects.

Last edited by TwitchKitty; 04-10-2005 at 11:21 AM.