View Single Post
Old 05-03-2001, 02:36 PM

reply for "dutch"

Dutch,

I'm not sure why you constantly need to be so synical, and protective of Europa, but that's your choice.

The part numbers seem to be correct. And this is great help, although unfortunately, there aren't copies of the CD available for everyone. I will soon have one of these from Germany when I go there in June for work.

The real question is, if you were able to find the numbers so fast, why did it take weeks for GwagenUSA to come back to me and still not be able to find these numbers??

Why do they claim that they have no history of dealing with these issues?

Oh, BTW, I'm still waiting on them to ship me the right bearing for my diff, another shipment I waited for which cam e wrong. My truck is sitting for weeks with the diff open on a lift in a garage, taking up my mechanic's space, and patience. When you are told that you will have a part, in a certain timeframe, you should be able to bank on that.

I'm not going to continue with this thread any longer becuase there is no gain from doing so for me personally.
My initial hope was to see if there were other folks out there with a similar issue so that perhaps GwagenUSA would realize they need to fix some service issues with parts.

My final statement, and flame as you may, is that these bbs's are just as much for helping each other with tuning the G's as they are for trying to see if there are other owners who are getting screwed out there. Just becuase you have had good experiences with GwagenUSA, that does not give you the right (although seemingly you have it anyway) to question my accountability, or that of any other posting owner. This includes those on the JT list who are trying to look into the G500 pricing issue. They have a right to talk and post about that without being flamed.

Sorry, I actually have a job that pays for my Gwagen, and I do travel 50% of the time, so I cannot live on this BBS, no I am not "in Asia again".

I will make the choice on my own to go to Steyr direct for parts in the future, you can stick with who you choose. I won't be judging your decision or statements like you have mine.

Oh, and by the way, as far as your questions of hiding behind aliases, do you have a real name or is it "Dutch"

The problem with these BBS's is that we don't ever get to meet. Perhaps you're a great guy, perhaps I am too, but will we ever know if we just keep trying to police each other??

Regards,

Mike Serpe
http://www.clubgwagen.com