View Single Post
Old 04-26-2005, 11:08 AM

"Large channel locks to depress the plunger?"

whunter,

Thanks for replying and for giving me a plan of action based on the step method to diagnosing a car problem. "IF" I need to use channel locks to depress the plunger, then "THAT" could be my problem! I just unbolt the two ten millimeter nuts and just pump away using my thumb to get the fuel to the fuel filter, similar to how the 617 auxillary fuel pump works. Now if on a good auxillary fuel pump, channel locks are needed to depress the plunger, and that pump facilitates "building" pressure in the pump and on through to having enough force to pop the injectors, then I could just have an "auxillary" fuel pump problem, which I really do hope that is the problem. Again, should I be able to depress the pump with my thumb, as I have been doing?

If it not the fuel pump, my next question is: "Listen for squeak at fuel bypass"?, could you elaborate on this? And do you mean (referring to the injector bypass hose) disconnect the "metal banjo" end of the plastic fuel line hose at the fuel filter that leads to the back side of the injection pump, which has the braided, small fuel return lines leading to the #1 injector "side" over flow valve?

"Cap fuel filter housing fitting, watch for fuel from the bypass hose and crank engine." What do you mean by "cap" fuel filter housing? Fuel from bypass hose? Do you mean at the small braided hose end? Or at the banjo? Could you elaborate?

"Remove or disconnect the TRAP" What TRAP?

I really do hope it is as simple as the auxillary fuel pump. This car has almost killed me trying to get it to run right.

And thanks for your reply.

BenzDiesel

Last edited by BenzDiesel; 04-27-2005 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Spelling