Thread: Timing Chain??
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 03:50 PM
TEAM MULHOLLAND

As far as my power problems go, off the line acceleration seems to be very healthy in terms of how fast the car speeds up, however, the amount of throttle I have to put in seems to be excessive. I have to floor it. II tiimed my acceleration from dead stop to 60MPH on a flat road. I clocked a healthy 14 seconds. However, I had to floor it all the way up to 60MPH, and while normally you have to floor these cars, I dont feel like im getting thhe same amount of power that I normally get when my car is running right- seems like the engine is having to work harder than normal.... i guess the perfect way to describe it is to say that it feels like I am driving at a high elevation, although I live 5ft below sea level.

Now, with that said, I have been running BG 248 (diesel fuel addiitive- boosts cetane, disperses any water that mayy be in the fuel, and cleans injectors) EVERY tank for the past 10K miles. I have very little visible soot.
This power loss problem really shows itself when I am decelerating... as I mentioned above- if I am running at any speed and let off of the throttle, and then step backk into it... there is a tremendous lack in power.... the rpms max out at every shift, and the engine feels very meager.... and I HAVE to floor it... which isnt normal considering how the car used to drive. Accelerating from any given speed with smoothness and ample power used to be one of my favorite thhings about this car.... it was never FAST but I NEVER had to floor it unless I was going up a hill.

I want my engine back! I feel like someone has stolen my good ol 617!

1995 E420
1992 BMW 525i
1984 300D Turbo sold
1993 Volvo 244 sold
1995 Volvo 944T R.I.P!

"The details are not details. They make the product."
-Charles Eames

www.cbs.nu