View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheaddoctor
Only areal Clepto would steal someones eyeglasses.........bummer.

I too have thought about Lasic for years...but have always feared some of the complications that could occur.
Yeah, thought about that too, but my body's been shot, stabbed, run over (twice - months in traction/casts), most of the common bones broken (Mcycle racing) and pretty much pummeled, so whatever the complications (I'm sure going completely blind from the procedure is probably too remote to even be considered), it's probably not incurable or worse than other stuff I deal with everyday and being free from being tied to glasses is worth a LOT of risk to me.

Funny, we teach range classes and are there to set up at 6am (leave the house at 4:45), get the classes going at 8am (lead calisthenics and the range jog) then we're on our feet all day teaching and wrestling with students till 5pm (quite literally dodging bullets on occasion), then break down and debrief, get home at 9pm, write up the days issues, to bed by 12-1, then up by 4 again. The whining we hear from these pansy-ass kids these days is UNBELIEVABLE ("oh.., that's too hard", "oh.., I only got 12 hours sleep last night", "oh.., the football game went late so I couldn't clean my rifle...", "oh..., my back hurts.."), good thing is, this ain't the modern ARMY and we CAN cuss at people and send them home and DT them around the range for f**king up.

http://www.jcgservices.org/dehlta

I have never considered myself "tuff" (am a downright "pussy" actually, I just don't scream it out loud) when comparing myself to my dad, uncles, brother, etc. (WWII/Korea/VN Rangers, infantry), but compared to the crop that is being raised today, jeez....

1983 300D - parts car

1979 300TD Auto - Parts car.

1985 300D Auto - Wrecked/Parts.

=========================

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there". Lewis Carrol