Old 05-04-2005, 08:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMuc
These guys were one of the first.......

http://www.lasereye.com/notouch.html
Quote:
Definition:

'no touch™' laser vision correction refers to the method developed at London Place Eye Centre of removing the epithelium (outer skin of the cornea) with the laser. This is combined with a customized computer formula (nomogram) used for sculpting the surface. There is no manual manipulation of the cornea with instruments.

Using the laser to remove the epithelium is less traumatic than the other methods such as LASIK. It produces a very smooth surface for lasering the required correction. There is more rapid regrowth of the epithelium following 'no touch™' treatment. This method is used at London Place Eye centre with:

The Visx'™ Star S4 with 3D AcvtiveTrak and Variable Spot Scanning using a multi-pass, multi-zone technique. Acquired in late 2002, this sixth generation of laser reinforces London Place's dedication to providing the absolute most advanced in Excimer Laser technology.
Thanks, this is the technology that I think may make the difference for me. When this procedure is available locally at attractive price I may very well go in for it.