View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grdenko
in the 92 300D, the blowby goes in after the air cleaner but right before the turbo, so there wouldnt be any in the air cleaner. the black residue in the intake manifold in the US is from the EGR, i dont think you have them in Australia (thank your lucky stars) theres usually ALOT of black goo in the intake manifold from the EGR, thats why people take them off, but in the 92, its complicated.
My AF is remarkably clean and I see that the hose from valve cover goes in after the air filter, but before the turbo, and this is where it APPEARS the oil is coming from, that's why I'm thinking it blow by and not the turbo. Plus the turbo shaft feels nice and solid. I had a previous gasser turbo where the seals went bad and shaft had noticable play in it. This one feels good and from reading others experiences the turbo's seem be pretty tough and last a good long time. I ordered a valve stem seal kit from mercedesshop.com. I'll go ahead and throw them on when I get back in town next week. I'm just a little worried about dropping a valve in cylinder bore while I'm doing it . I've never owned 5 cylinder car before, I assume 1,3,5 would be up at TDC and 2,4 at 180, is that correct?