View Single Post
Old 05-07-2001, 06:05 PM

Guys...

Ok. Y'know how one must adjust a clutch cable to the right length...too short won't work...too long won't work. My problem seems to me, to be the gas pedal adjustment...if there is such a thing.
What I am trying to say, is that I NEED the gas pedal to DO MORE, while being depressed LESS.
Does that even make sense? My gas pedal will only DO ANYTHING when it is FLOORED.

When I talked to you, Charlie, I'm not sure if I was measuring the right thing. Did you mean the little part that stretches a centimeter or so, BEFORE the entire linkage moves??

What I think the car needs is something a little more MAJOR than the idle speed adjusting screw. I could be wrong...I HOPE I'm wrong, but something is wact and it may be more than one thing.
I know the PO messed with the fuel pump...it can be adjusted, right?
AND those brass nozzles AREN'T shooting ***** into the venturi..the rear one drips one or two drops a minute...NO steady stream happening here! I'm CONVINCED the pump pistons are busted! (accelerator pumps?....are they supposed to be continuously shooting gas down the throats??)

It is SOOOOOOO VERY CLOSE!!!! (I think!)

~Christy