View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 11:55 AM
V10s & V8s FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin190
Maybe I should add a some info about the condition of the drivetrain. At 180K miles a valve broke. I rebuilt the cylinder head entirely with the help of a local machine shop. New valves, springs, guides, seals, timing chain, tensioner and timing gears. While having this apart, I powdercoated every possible bracket and accessory. Re-did the valve cover in an asphalt coating. I replaced the water pump, alternator, fan clutch and a whole lot more.
The trans was just rebuilt and the entire suspension is new, steering, A arms, Eibach springs, KYB shocks as well as the entire braking system, calipers, pads, rotors all around with fresh Michelin Pilot's.

This chassis is just begging for more HorsePower!
Super Smooth- Mercedes style.

I've read up a bit on the M62 Kompressor install and it looks like a viable option that will produce something in the 200+ HP range.
(adding like 50 HP I think)

I'm not too keen on the juice as it's expensive to buy refills and it's been known to eat pistons if something goes wrong.

I would like to know more about building a custom turbo. There's not much room for an intercooler, but plenty for the turbo or even a twin turbo. I'll ask around some more this week, possibly find a custom exhaust welder to fabricate the exhaust & header for a turbo setup. Maybe start building a kit.

How many people would be interested in a 2.6L turbo kit?
I know I am, I have not seen one available yet.
$%# fool! Post a pic of the beautiful engine compartment!
1990 MBZ 500SL "Shoshanna" @ 118,000 miles

(On the hunt for a good used M103 engine as of 6/10/23, PM me if you have one to sell!)