View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddict
I had the estimate done today and it's about $4000 parts & labor to repair both sides. The parts are very expensive and they make up half of the cost. After that I left a message for the service manager at the dealer and I told him that I still want MB to pay for all of this, as it's a manufacturing defect and this kind of failure is not something anyone would expect on a 9 year old Mercedes. Besides I've counted at least 3 people on this board who've had this problem fixed for free so I don't know why I'm not being fully covered (I said this to the advisor too).
$4000 is by far the most I have heard spent to correct this and should be paid for by MB but this certainly explains why they don't want to accept it. Keep climbing the customer service ladder until you reach the top. At some point there will be someone capable of committing to paying for all of it.

May dealer has told me that MB will pay for these on a case by case basis for and I heard originally that they were only paying when the car was owned by its original buyer, but I think now they have abandoned that policy as it makes no sense to distiguish between someone who was an original buyer or someone who bought the car second hand when it comes to their safety.

Good luck

2013 C300 4Matic
1984 BMW 733i
2013 Lincoln MKz