View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Beeen-Jammmin'

Vacuum Leak

In my recent vacuum follies I have noticed that some lines were tighter than others. When testing with a vacuum pump looking for leaks, I discovered several of the lines I just replaced were leaking! Umm.. I just replaced those...

Appearantly there are two sizes of vacuum hose that are close and will fit, but leak interchangably.

I changed out EVERY single connector I could find using the tighter smaller hose. That cured most all leaks and upped the vacuum (economy) gauge slightly. I'm still getting a vacuum leak from the interior past the "Vacuum Motor" above the fusebox by the firewall under the windshield, so I will start to pull the dash apart when I have the time and it isn't so hot outside. It's sweatsville out there lately. I actually burnt my hand on the steering wheel yesterday. Just enough to have a funny feeling callous on my fingertips...

Meanwhile I've installed a "T" and a vacuum check valve directly to the water control valve to help control the heat in the cabin and THANK GOD it works for now... No more heat in my face.

Aaaah. The price we pay for palm trees.
;O)