View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 12:57 PM
amgraves

Thank you Roncallo for such a nice reply.
I started on it yesterday and got the left head off and am starting on the right side.
I'm going to go ahead and pull the timing cover as well and replace the guides under there as well as the oil pump chain and guide.
Everything has went well except for one bolt (probably the same one another poster was telling me about) on the right cylinder head that the cruise control servo is mounted to refuses to move.
I eventually stripped the Allen head out of it but I guess it's time to move on to vice grips and other means of force.
I started not to do the lower end guides but it has been like 150,000 miles since the chain was replaced so I figured it would be cheap insurance to go ahead and replace them all.
The head gasket leak was fairly visible once I got the head off and looked at the gasket.
You could see where it had lost it's seal near the large oil galley. Overall, the project has been relatively simple.
The hardest thing to date was removing the intake manifold.
And the boot below the air flow meter was busted (evidently not all the way) so I'm going to replace it while I'm in there as well as most of those vacuum lines.

Anyone ever replaced that boot under the air flow sensor?
I will only need the boot and not the boot and flange mount because my engine number is below the engine number that requires both pieces.
Thank God! Both pieces are like $200.00! Well, I guess it will be a day or two before I get back to working on her, I'm waiting on this Hurricane to pass over (or the remnants of it). I've got to get outside and pick up any small loose object that may blow away! Cheers!

Last edited by whunter; 11-29-2008 at 07:26 PM. Reason: spelling