View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 12:56 AM
'89 300E

Hmmmmmm

Well, was not sure what to do. Have several friends that go 7500-10,000 on a change doing mostly highway driving like I do, but since this will be only the 3rd change with M1 I just wanted to check with y'all, and I am a "newbie" (april)

to the Benz diesels. Just dont want to mess up the re-built motor. To clarify that, I got this car from my mechanic who had a customer bring it in to rebuild the engine and replace the tranny, he did and the guy didn't have the $$$ to pay so he signed it over to Jose. Well, after having it sitting around the garage for like 2 1/2 yrs I bought it. So the motor prolly didnt have too many miles on it before I changed it out to M1 the first time. Oh and BTW, he was about to take her to the auction because he needed the room and I got it for $3000. I thought it was a helluva deal! Thanks for the input Y'all.. I will probably change the oil after work tomorrow just so "Hilda" is fresh for the trip.She is gonna visit Jose tomorrow AM for a new wiper/turn signal switch and a new "brain" for the cruise. To make my drive a bit easier

Thanks again! Damn I love this site! I have been edumacated in the last couple months!!!!!