View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 03:26 AM
Aaron126

......Id stick with the standard M103 internals.

weak points are the pistons. Replace with forged items.
rods. start getting ****ty at 400hp. Either linish/shot peen/arp caps or go with forged ARGO customs (H beam)
Valve springs need to be changed. Custom or find something that fits.

Oiling system is adequate. Its the tuning that is ****. CIS-E is just crap if you really want to turbo the **** outta your 6. custom fuel rail, injectors, seats, bosses, regulator, pump, lines and a MOTEC.

The bottom end is not typical of engine build designs and is not suitable to being set up with 'V8' thinking in mind, i.e. dont set it up with more crankshaft end float, dont cam it, dont underdrive anything. Go for black metal bearings with extra tight clearences.

Id say with two gt28RS turbos shes good for just a tad under 400rwkws with US compression, minimal lag, and daily driver cruising.

I think your engine only died for two reasons. Someone turned up the boost and the CIS-E went lean, or the mosselman piggyback thing ****ed up and went lean.

The motec is a $3500 unit in Aus (with all options) but is worth every penny with the amount of warnings it can give you.

I see the thai boys are fitting 2jz-gtes in with relative ease, Cost wise, this might be your better option, but id stick with the m103.

titanium rods arent neccessary. a good set of forged I beams will do perfectly, more than youll ever pump outta the m103.

Stroke it to 3.6, and then you can fit a pair of HKS GT30's! and go for some serious rwkw!!!! how does 700hp atw??

Like you said you wanted to turbo the **** outta it.