View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale93500SL
Sounds like you have the exact problem I do, would like to try the same fix you talk about. But not sure where the wires are also does your car idol and accelerate correctly? The site you mention that discribes the indepth fix talks about the car learning idol and full throttle again after the wire fix. I pasted your post on this e-mail will try it after you reply. Thanks you made my day with your recommendation to cut the wires.

Dale
Corpus Christi, Texas USA

In the meantime, as a quick solution, I disabled the ASR by cutting 3 wires in the wiring loom just before it plugs into the ASR (and ABS) computer, after pulling back the insulation. I got the idea from another member's post about installing the RENNTech ASR defeat switch. The switch is installed by cutting the same wires, and flicking the switch, connects and disconnects the wires as required. In my car they were blue/white, brown/blue, and brown/yellow wires.

I disabled the ASR on my daily car about 10 days ago, and it drives perfectly in every way including idle and acceleration.

The ASR (and ABS) computer is in a plastic box with many other computers, under the hood, in front of the passenger windscreen. The lid is held by 5 small bolts. I have a right hand drive car (Australia), but I looked at a dealers left hand drive parts manual, and it is in front of the passenger compartment also. Maybe another forum member can post a diagram of the computer compartment layout, so you can identify the correct computer. Disconnect the one plug that attaches to the computer, and pull back the insulation without tearing it. Identify the coloured wires I described from about 20 wires. I cut the 3 wires about 4 cms from the plug so there is enough length
to resolder them later if you want to. Then pull the insulation back in place and put everything back.

Allan