View Single Post
Old 06-04-2001, 04:11 PM

uncle~!

Stevebfl: "I have avoided this post for its lack of merit, but it keeps coming back. I agree with David:

"Posting "Traded in my Mercedes for Lexus..." on a Mercedes forum, what did you expect!?" "

Yes posting facts from reviews, JD Power, consumer reports, National Highway Traffic Safety, Technical service bulletins, I know I am forgetting a couple, yes these are without merit. But anecdotal stories are with merit. By the way anecdotal does not mean you are lying, it only means that you are arguing a point by using a story, ie: all Lexus are unreliable because my girlfriends Lexus was. An example of an anecdotal story is the story of my huge piece of crap Mercedes, which has had problem after problem.

Additionally I started this thread to ask if anyone knew of a Lexus forum. I had stated my problems with my particular vehicle, thanked the forum operators, asked for a Lexus forum, and stated my desire to be a MB owner again soon, reread my original post. So what happened? I got flamed for my decision. I would say my first post was pretty uninflammatory, but I suppose that does not matter.

Even more to the point, I have not posted even once that Lexus was a better car, I think the sore spot for some of you elitists is that all the factual evidence points to both auto companies being very comparable in terms of reviews and safety ratings, as well as reliability. What is so wrong about that? So I originally began a post for some advice and help, and maybe some happiness to be getting a new car,and it switched to having to prove myself right.

So like I said before reread the post, see how it progressed, see how my tone was in my first couple of posts. And yes I love to get the last word in, but in this matter I feel like the last word was ages ago, since no one has challenged my provided facts, nor provided their own.

Last but not least, no matter what you think, my tone has been nothing but respectful to even those that flamed me and argued with me. I love a discussion as well as the next Joe, but when it degrades into name calling and lip pouting, that is just too funny.

For those of you with an open mind, I will be test driving a CLK this weekend. I would really like one before the summer is over. Any impressions on these?