View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 02:58 AM

I knew it would be just a matter of time the second I mentioned Lucas before someone would dig up this experiment. Yes I've read it and that was before I started using Lucas products. I've never seen any foaming in my oil. The only time I saw foaming was when I poured their PS fluid too quickly while doing a fluid change and it trapped some air underneath, causing it to foam initially after starting the engine. All was well after I let the fluid sit for a few minutes to let the air come out. You are supposed to pour PS fluid slowly while doing a fluid change with any fluid. I don't know if this experiment is legit, maybe it is, but maybe it's a scenario that doesn't exist in the automotive world and is not applicable. We don't know how fast those gears were spinning for example. Having said, I haven't tried Lucas in my differential so I don't know if it will foam there. What sold me over to Lucas was my observation of how smooth my diesels were starting cold with the Oil Stabilizer even with the old style glow plug relays. Before that they would stumble for some time after a cold start. This tells me Lucas does indeed improve lubrication, at least after a cold start, by making more of the oil stay in the engine instead of all of it draining into the oil pan. I can also see the Oil Stabilizer is so much more "greasy" than regular oil. It takes a lot of effort to wash it off your hands. But this should be good for the engine.

Past MB's: '96 E300D, '83 240D, '82 300D, '87 300D, '87 420SEL