Thread: Took the plunge
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 01:09 PM
Certified Benzaholic

Here is some info on your buttons (if they are the same as mine)
Sound like your compressor is toast, do you see any oil film around it.
Other things to check for
radiator neck soundness, clean air filter and open differentail vent.
Sound like a great project, I am jealous
How is the interior? leather or MB Tex?

Pushbutton far right(off): switches off air supply to the interior of the car. The blower does not operate, and there is no heating or cooling.

Pushbutton 2nd from right (economy): in this position, the air-conditioning compressor is off. Fresh air enters the car and is heated, if necessary, to maintain= dialed- in temperature. If heating is needed, warm air flows from the footwell and side nozzles with a little going to the defroster nozzles.

Foe ventilation, air is routed to the center and side instrument panel nozzles. The minimum in-car temperature depends on outside temperature and solar heat gain. (You know about this if you own a black car!) At low= outside temperatures, the blower and air supply remain off until the engine coolant temperature reaches about 100=F8F. If blower AUTOMATIC is selected, the= blower operates in speeds 3 to 5. You can conserve fuel by using the EC button for heating and ventilation as much as possible.

Pushbutton middle (normal): in this position, the air-conditioning compressor is= on if outside temperatures are above 35=F8F. Fresh air enters the car and is= heated or cooled as necessary to maintain dialed-in temperature. For cooling, no= air flows from the footwell nozzles. Air is routed to the center and side instrument panel nozzles. For heating, warm air flows from the footwell and side nozzles with a little going to the defroster nozzles.

It is possible for these ranges to overlap, providing air from the center nozzles and the legroom nozzles at the same time. If the system moves to cooling, the fresh/recirculating air flap closes down to about 80% recirculating air.

Pushbutton 2nd from left (bi-level): For heating, air is routed to the windshield, to= the side vents and to the footwell nozzles. For cooling, air is routed to the center instrument panel nozzles also. The refrigerant compressor operates if outside temperatures above 35=F8F.

Pushbutton far left (defrost): The blower operates in highest speed (6) only.= Maximum heated air is routed to the windshield for defrosting--the temperature dial has no effect. The refrigerant compressor operates if outside temperatures= are above 35
Sadly MERCEDESLESS - ALways LOOKING !
99 E320 THE Queen Mary - SOLD
62 220b - Dolly - Finally my Finny! Sadly SOLD
72 450SL, Pearl-SOLD
16 F350 6.7 Diesel -THOR
19 BMW X5 - Heaven on Wheels
14 38HP John Deere 3038E Tractor -Mean Green
84 300SD, Benjamin -SOLD
71 220 - W115-Libby ( my first love) -SOLD
73 280 - W114 "Organspende" Rest in Peace
81 380 SL - Rest in Peace