Thread: Took the plunge
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 09:00 PM
What, Me Worry?

First... Congrats on your purchase....Soon, you will fully enjoy it!

As far as the front end goes... Replace all 3 tie rod assemblies....you might as well, they are not that expensive (for reference, look up the parts above on fastlane). Don't be too surprised that the ball joints are gone... it is a natural occurance...(apparently the boots from TRW going rotten is normal too - But I digress).

Once you have your A/C working, you are going to think that your dial is screwy... Well...Yes, and No... There is a little square looking venthole like thing in the middle of your dash... it is supposed to suck in air and tell the climate control what the cabin temp is. (more like what the temp is on a hot black vynil surface - But, I digress again). Trouble with this intake of sorts, is that the tube that is connected to it gradually dissappears over the years and needs to be replaced - the stuff you insulate copper pipes with works well for this!

Another notorious item would be the Aircleaner mount(s) and/or bracket.

If you are still puzzled as to why there are two levers for the seat adjustment...One moves the seat strictly forward, the other moves the seat forward, but on an incline, thereby raising the elevation of the driver. Which brings to mind that odds are the left front of the drivers seat is probably sagging/weakly sprung. - There are posts for this with several remedies.

Oh.. btw... on the first pic... the hood ornament is tilted too far back

09 Jetta TDI
1985 300D