View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 10:25 AM

87 300SDL Emergency Brake

Just lately, when I release the emergency brake on the 87 W126 300SDL, the pedal only returns about half way and the light stays on. A gentle tap with the toe to lift it up into normal driving position and all is well. Does not appear as if the brake is actually sticking, whether I have lifted the pedal, or just leave it half way. I have to depress the brake FULLY for it to work properly when parking. I have not done anything to repair yet, like look for a spring, look for an obstruction (carpet in the way etc.), lube, ……….

General emergency brake system information and things to look for would be welcome, as I plan on going over it this weekend.

I tried the search, but did not see much that applied directly, although I did learn quite a bit about emergency braking in panic situations!? and whether or not SUV's are safe??. Fruitless searching has also made me more aware of my thread title and information that I include in the text, so that future searchers can find model specific information more easily (see title and first laborious sentence of this post). Larry Bible has an excellent post on getting the most from your post in the sticky’s http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/showthread.php?t=127342 in case you have not seen or read it.

Thanks as always,

Clay

I believe each of these cars are the final production year for that model.

Last edited by cgryphon; 08-25-2005 at 10:33 AM.