View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 11:12 PM
dieselarchitect

300/240

yes it will fit. you will need a lot of other things to do the job right. it is best to start with two complete cars so you will not have to buy a lot of minor parts piecemeal. you need to change rad, eng, trans, speedo, driveshaft, and rear end. the shift linkages will need shortened too. turbodiesels didn t come with sticks in this country and are very rare from the factory elsewhere. the flywheel if from a 300 d non turbo should bolt on with no prob. if from a 240 needs to be checked for balance as some at least came from the factory balanced with the crank. there is a motor mount on a 240 on the crossmember that is not needed with the 300 motor and an engine shock bracket must be fabricated for the second motor shock. it is pretty straightforward as engine swaps go but it is a lot of work. worth it though.

i would be wary of buying a 300 turbodiesel motor for 250. seems pretty cheap. i would have someone expert in such motors check it out first.

tom w
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.