View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Smells like Diesel..

Lightbulb 1 more try...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim
Fine. I'll sell you diesel at $99 a gal, delivered then.

I suppose it is more of a "zen" sorta thing that I probably won't ever get into because I probably won't ever understand it. I am also on truck and Corvette boards and if you go to the exhaust related posts, you will read of people wanting to change the exhaust for the sound. Another thing I will never understand. I can see spending money on a set of mufflers that free up power but not for sound.

I go to the garage, open the garage door, get into the car, **** the door, glow it, fasten the seat belt while waiting, set the seat to myself if the wife drove it last and crank it. Drop it into gear, drive it out and close the garage door once my front clears the door and drive on my merry way. The only reason I know I am driving a diesel is that I glow it. I never remember to smell the exhaust to see what it smells like. The only time I remember smelling the exhaust was when I was trying to see if biodiesel made it run rich or not but even that, the only thing I knew was the smell of diesel
I don't get it here..Why do you think I would buy diesel at $99 a gallon...???
I wouldn't but it at .99 a gallon. I run on WVO that's FREE...(I do add RUG in 1:4 ratio..)
And what's there to not get about it??? It saves money. Good for the environment, and smells good as a byproduct...which is always there to remind you of the 1st 2 points. It's not a zen thing...it's like having a really good beer....once you do, you can't drink Budweisers....

Sold ->

81 300SD -
93 300E w/ 3.2
85 300D-
79 300SD
82 300CD
83 300CD - CA
87 190E 5 spd
87 Porsche 924S

"..I'll take a simple "C" to "G" and feel brand new about it..."