View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.B.DOC
The 722.5 trans WON'T take that much HP no matter what you do to IT!
The rear clutch(s) & plantary is too small & will fail under high torque applications!
I need a bit of clarification. The 722.5 is the same as the 722.3 with the addition of an electronically controlled overdrive unit on the back, is this correct? When you say that the 722.5 cannot take the HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.B.DOC
The rear clutch(s) & plantary is too small & will fail under high torque applications!
The overdrive components are undersized?

Is there an alternative transmission for the 603 engine that you could recommend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodg5ck
The 722.3XX can be made to handle quite a bit of power..Especially that later 722.350 & 353 come set up to take 333hp from the factory.

I have also heard of people installing an additional clutch plate (I believe the transmission in my black coupe is a 722.350 w/ 5 plates over of the stock 4).

The 928 guys are putting 5-700Hp through their 722.3's.

I've heard the same thing MB Doc mentioned about the 722.5..thus why I'm looking to install a manual

Jonathan
Where can I get specific info / parts for hardening a 722.3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoHuskerDu
There was a thread here a year or so ago about some nuts in Finland
Yes, I had read this and also the English posts on the Finnish forum. They were putting their efforts into HP generated at higher RPMs, if I go ahead with a Holset VGT turbo (Garrett calls there’s VNT) I will making more torque and HP at lower RPMs and this (as I understand it) puts more strain on the transmission than the same torque and HP at a high RPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super SEC
I'm putting over 345 RWHP and 400 RWTQ to my 722 tranny.
Did you do anything special to the trans?

Thanks