View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 03:19 PM
home of 4,5,6,8 cylinders

Regardless what car u have, the clutch pedal dropped tot he floor got to be the master cyl. If u see fluids on the ground then should be slave cyl.

If the car runs properly why need clutch?

Chalk it up as a learning experience.
A car gets towed in they will soak u more.

Same reason why some folks change cars every 3-4 yrs. If u want to drive older cars, u better be prepare to have hands dirty. Or have another car.
I have a few now, I used to get nevous when my only car dies!

On my b4 Honda Civic 1500, even the clutch material is good, the little springs in the middle came off, jammed the clutch together, so it wouldn't release. Still cost me close to 4 bills to have her fixed, while the front axle pulled. We saw the ball joint is working loose. These BJ works by pulling her apart, unlike the conventional ones that press together. So if it loose enough the front wheel will come out. So another $150.

To made it worse, the Mech is a heavy duty mech, he is good but don't know enuf on Honda. He told me no need to replace the timing belt, so one day i was passing someone at 80 MPH the belt undone. Bent 10 of the 12 valves in the head. Now I am doing it my self, mind as well trust nobody.
He told me that the Honda engine is non iterference type, i listened to him.
As I had a Volvo, It died on the road because of timing belt too, I changed her with bro on the side road that very evening.

A clutch is not easy to tackle.
In a way what u paid, should be captured it back when selling it, as long as u have a receipt of clutch changed.

g luck