Thread: manual
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2001, 12:56 AM
fryerpowered

Larry Bible mentioned an "overhaul manual" where might I find such an animal? From what I've seen there is only one to have and that would be the one that you get from MB...if it is still available I have a Haynes , but I think they should stick to underwear making. ( I know, it's not even spelled the same, but it sounds good) I have also been meaning to get back to runningtoohot, but I haven't been able to get enough time to get under the hood of the Mercedes lately. I just purchased another VW , a very nice '84 Turbo diesel. ( What was I thinking?) I just finished replacing the head gasket on my route Rabbit last weekend and here I go buying another car that I wont run on the road until I have gone through it from bumper to bumper. It looks like it needs a head gasket too. ( It's leaking oil between the head and the block, just a little bit of a seep, but still) I did manage to order some gaskets and a few small items from the Benz-bin and will get a look at it when they get here. Oh, I did take the list's advice and bought a "mighty-vac" , but couldn't stand the thought of a plastic tool , so I bought the metal one that came in a blow-moulded case for $55. GREAT tool, can't believe I didn't get one sooner! Tom