View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phidauex
Hey, don't get all snippy with me now. All I'm saying is that Mercedes would rather you not run #1 straight in your engine, its not good for the injection pumps. The trucking industry still works in ND during the winter, and I promise they aren't running around on 100% kerosene.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, but if people are going to make a habit of mostly #1 blends, its a good idea to use something to bring the lubricity back up.

peace,
sam
Seriously I don't think Dabenz is snippy with you. We are just telling the facts. We live in a very harsh climate up here. I've seen alot of people from the south come up here in the winter totally unprepared and left totally shocked. North Dakota, Montana, and Minnesota can be a frozen hell in January. Yes the trucking industry up here works during the winter because most of the guys are prepared. Believe me there is nothing worse than having to walk in below zero weather with a 30 to 40 mile hour wind blowing and in North Dakota and Montana it can be many miles before you get to the nearest town or even farm yard. I'm not being snippy either I'm just saying if you travel up here in the winter be prepared and be carefull. Everybody has their own idea how to keep the fuel from gelling. What ever works so you don't get stalled.
1929 Ford coupe restored
I hang out with Boneheaddoctor at Schuman Automotive OBK#5
All liberals are mattoids but not all mattoids are liberal.