View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin85
LOL...
I'm a vegetarian for 10+ years and calling the chicken factories in the USA sanitary is totally wrong....Compared to China or VietNam maybe; but I remember the weekend I stopped eating meat and chicken there was a story /expose on the headline of the Sunday paper about conditions in poultry farms...One thing mentioned was that of the 90 or so US Inspectors; like 86 of them wouldn't eat chicken and like 88 of them wouldn't allow their families to eat it....Could have had someting to do with sanitary conditions..?????
Anyway This may be a good time to have the wife start expeimenting with Tofu.........
Ever been in one? Reading an expose in the Sunday papers sure speaks the truth. I've been in quite a few chicken complexes when I was with my former employer. I think they're a bunch of back-woods idjuts, BUT, chicken factories are clean. I don't care what the papers say, they are clean. The only part of the factory that is somewhat quesy to be in is at the automatic neck slitters, but even that area is sanitized by the hour and is clean and sanitary. Before that is very peaceful for the birds. After that, its a big, clean USDA inspected butcher shop, mostly done automatically with machines. If you don't like butchering animals, you won't like ANY animal processing facility. But you can not claim they are not clean. They are, in fact, almost spotless. I've worked in a large bakery as well - now that's messy - flour and ingredients everywhere.
Please don't start posting why we should be vegans - you can be what you want to be and so can I. I can't change your mind, you can't change mine. But I am not a liar or a deceiver, if I thought the chicken factories I vistted were bad, I would say so.
2004 SL600
2004 SL500
1996 SL600
2002 SLK32
2005 CLK320 cabrio
2003 ML350
1997 C280 Sport