View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 09:07 AM

a) Remove the speaker covers - there one screw under each spkr cover - those come out.
b) Remove the instrument cluster along with both lower kick panels.
c) At both out outer edges adjacent to the door there is a fastener that will have to be removed.
d) In the passenger footwell to the left at the dash to console interface there is a fastener that will need to come out.
e) Remove the wood assembly with the four switches for the sunroof, defrost, etc... You will find two screws that have to come out there.
f) Remove the brake pull handle and the light switch.
f) The one I always forget and typically end up breaking is the interior temp sensor. There is a connector that you can disconnect to remove it.
g) Remove the chrome ring around the ignition switch.
h) Remove the flex hoses that go to the outside dash pods.
This is going on memory but I believe this is all. The tricky part is positioning the dash at an angle to slide it out with. I usually try to do it from the passenger side. You are less than 1/2 way there (removal stage only)in the evap job when you have the dash out. In my opinion the dash removal is pretty straightforward. In addition, I have never had any issues with rattling or unusual noises after doing an evaporator job thank goodness.
Attached Thumbnails
Dash Removal Comments-1985-300d-dash-out.jpg