Thread: Vacuum Diagrams
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 10:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by biopete
Here in this diag what goes in 4 and 5 holes:
http://home.comcast.net/~phantoms/vacuum/egr_82_300d.jpg

I am thinking that maybe b (to transmission) should go in one hole and the line to the transmission should go in the other because someone mentioned some minimal transmission controlling is done by that box ?
Also I am wondering if you did send b directly to transmission, does that mean it is always under full vac (follow line from b to 62)? Or does 72 surge damper prevent that? Or is 62 supposed to prevent it. ? What is 62 "Orifice" for anyway?

thanks
Nothing goes in the #4 and #5 holes.

Don't attempt to reinvent the wheel. b goes to the transmission and it is not under full vac. The orifice, #63 limits the volume to the VCV and the VCV regulates the vacuum to the trans by bleeding a certain amount depending upon the rack position.

The #62 orifice simply restricts the volume to the circuit downstream. It's probably used to prevent a massive vacuum loss if a hose is disconnected or it cracks.

I strongly recommend that you eliminate the line that plugs into #1, eliminate the line that plugs into #2 and eliminate the line that plugs into #3. Much nicer underhood environment.