View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 10:31 PM

W203 Malfunction display

<>

As long as the car had four years of free service, it went back to the dealer for it. Additionally, I change oil at the 5000 mile point just because it makes me feel good. M1 0W40, of course. As to the chance of a real overfill, not possible since I use the shop oil level check on the MFD which reads to the tenth quart. And, I own a shop dipstick (since in the W203 no dipstick is present) which I can use as an accurate backup. It's just an extra long dipstick which is called a "shop tool" so that MB can charge $110 for it. No matter, since the engine uses no oil anyway and I know it's not manufacturing it's own.

<>

Mine lights up at random times but only when warm.

<>

And it does just that. What with no engine driven fan, aux fans, AC compressor clutches or built-in oil leaks.

<>

That would then be about 2011. Don't think so. I have on my desk a photo from the internet which my dealer now admits is the car since they have now seen the official MB photos. As to first year German cars, I know about that, having owned a few Porsches. But, the engines and transmissions will carry over and most of the features are used now , so it's a new car with older proven (my theory) mechanicals. And just last week, I inspected a new 2007 S550 at the dealer and it's clear that this is the first car produced after MB's statement that quality was coming back. The panel fit and paint quality was beyond reproach and the interior (in Cashmere Beige) was a knockout and fully as well put together as a present day Rolls. Or Audi A8, for that matter.