View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 05:17 PM
I'm not here

Quote:
Originally Posted by w126
Maybe you've already written about this and I don't mean to sound morbid (this could many years down the road), but it's important: Does he have a living will?

Are his wishes spelled out explicity as to how he wants or does not want to live in the final days? Last thing you want for him is to fight with family over how you or they think he should spend his last days on this earth.
I would take that a step further and tell you to get yourself as your fathers power of attorney right away.

I don't think the way your relatives act is normal at all. It seems to me they are out for themselves and screw everyone else. These are the type of people that continually take handouts and think the world owes them everything.

I'm kind of in a similar situation. My younger brother had a heart attack just before Thanksgiving. He was in a coma for about 6 weeks and is still in a somewhat vegetative state.
For the whole 6 weeks there was ALWAYS someone at the hospital. Day or night. I stayed there myself over the Christmas holiday. Everyone is lined up to help out and take care of the kids. I only wish I wasn't 150 miles away or I would help out a lot more too. Cash donations have been pouring in.
This is how families act. They come together in times of crisis. Everything else is just plain selfishness.

But then again your fathers infidelity could be the reason for your families lacadaisical attitude towards your father.
Just keep doing what your doing. Your not responsible for what other people do your only responsible for yourself.

Danny

OBK member #23

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination