View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 08:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaDiesel
Quote, I agree about Stern and Oprah. They are far toooo costly to be supported by subsription only. Yet another reason why I think the business model is a crappy one.

I just don't see it. I'm sticking witht he piddly amount of SIRI stock I have, but from the looks of it, HD is the way to go. Yes they have ads, but so what? You just flip to another station like you do now with regular radio.

Pete

Re: Ads. Yep, that's the tradition. If you like it, stick with it. Even XM has ads on some stations--the ones I don't listen to. But it is the primary reason that I'll stick with XM. I don't mind paying not to hear advertising for propecia.

Secondarily, I like the large array of styles of music and other stuff that are always available. Thirdly, under most circumstances I no longer listen to recorded music in my car, so XM simplifies my life--no book of CD's to shuffle through.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I sure don't care what people choose to listen to or how they listen to it. Except for stealing artists' royalties, but that's another topic for another thread.

Bot