View Single Post
Old 02-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkl42
I am a Sirius subscirber, and honestly don't see myself going back to regular radio. The programming is incredible. They play music the way the artist intened it, uncensored. On Sirius, the all Rolling Stones station is fantastic. I also enjoy Stern. All the music stations are commercial free, stern has about 6 minutes of commercials an hour. Everytime a commercial comes on, I can switch to another station and the unit will tell me when Stern comes back on. What I find funny is when ever a commercial would come on or I lost interest in the show, I used to flip to an FM station. EVERY time, and I mean every, a commercial would be on.

perfectly said. Only reason I went XM is they had this nifty little pick-up thingy that you stuff in the MB cassette player from the XM receiver. And it was ons ale and so was the monthly fee. I think it may have been either PC Dave or Suginami who mentioned it and I was like a fly on poo-poo with that.

Had Sirius done it first, I'd have gotten Sirius.

One difference somebody told me (dunno if true) is that Sirius has more satellites overhead than XM and thus, better coverage in mountains and other rural areas while XM has ground-based antennas augmenting their fewer satellites that provide better reception in cities with the local broadcast. Maybe somebody could confirm that. Anyway, i note occasional multipath problems with XM that always occur in exactly the same locations. I assume that this is where satellite signals are equal and the receiver drops teh signal until one is greater to prevent a ghosting or echoing of the signal. Dunno if that's right either.

If a mod thinks this hijacking would be better started on another thread and carried to the Forum dedicated to sound systems I'll do it.

Bot