View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 04:17 PM
All Star User

HELP: C-CLass Stalling! Doesn't Start...

Hey guys, I've had this on and off problem with my car now for a year and a half. I'll be driving and my car will just shut off and stall. I'll push it in neutral off the road, and sit there trying to start it. At times I'll spend 30 minutes trying to start it with no luck and good amount of gas in the tank. It eventually does start, and it'll continue stalling when driving. Sometimes It'll drive fine no hint of anything being wrong, and once I come out the mall, it won't want to start. It'll turn over, but won't fire up. I can't seem to figure out what's causing this. At times I'll go a month without any sort of problems and not a single stall. This week I can't even go to the corner store without worrying if the car will start.

Since this problem started, Mercedes charged me to do a diagnotic scan and told me it was a Code for Air Mass Meter that was showing up. I changed the Air Mass Meter, and it really made no difference. Sometimes when i'm driving my ABS light started to flicker but not stay on, just flicker and sometimes a shake. My Indie Mechanic charged me another 200 dollars for a scan and told me no codes were being identified and perhaps it might be a transmission issue.?? Then I went to another indie mechanic, and he said my brakes and rotors were near the end of their life span and perhaps it was causing some ABS issues, and at a cost of 850 dollars I changed my rotors and pads. The problem has still continued, my car stalls, and my ABS lights flicker.

In the last couple months I have so far changed on my car:

Bosch Air Mass Meter
All 4 rotors and Pads
Spark Plugs
Air Filter
A/T Trans Fluid and Filter done by Indie Benz Mech.
and they havn't solved a single problem.
New Engine WireHarness (year and half)

If anyone has any idea or suggestions on what might be causing all these problems on my car, please let me know. I'm desperate to fix this, and have no faith in Cert. Mercedes right now.

I'm So Sorry, I forgot to List my model.
I own a 94 Mercedes C220.

THanks

Last edited by trueog; 02-28-2006 at 04:39 PM.